God’s Grace International was born out of a vision of compassion for His Chosen people, the Jews. Its goal is to serve the spiritual, physical, and financial needs of Jewish people across the world. It was established in 1992 by Roger West, an industrialist in Beloit, Wisconsin.
He formed a charitable not-for-profit organization with a key purpose to give humanitarian aid from Christian supporters who love Israel with the goal of preservation and comfort for Jewish people in need.
Throughout the years, God’s Grace International and its affiliate ministries have operated soup kitchens, distributed food, and given out clothing from various distribution centers in Poland, Ukraine, Russia, Israel, and other countries.
- In 2006, 33 soup kitchens served hot, nutritious meals to more than 600,000 needy people who came to eat.
- Thousands of meals were sent to sick and shut-in people.
- Monthly packages of food staples such as flour, oil, tea, coffee, pasta, canned vegetables, meats, etc., were distributed to Jewish people who otherwise would not be able to purchase these essential items.
- Thousands of sick or ailing men and women were helped with direct distribution of medicines, medical supplies, or assistance in obtaining medical care.
- Clothing items such as heavy coats, warm shirts, dresses, shoes, and mufflers were given out to Jewish men, women and children in need. Blankets and other items to keep them warm were also distributed.
- Hundreds of Jewish people were assisted in returning to Israel through God’s Grace International’s Aliyah program. Transportation, temporary room and board in Israel, language courses, and vocational training are all provided to people who wish to return to their true homeland.
Michael Becker, Emeritus Senior Leader of Congregation B’nai Maccabim in Lake Bluff, Illinois, accepted Roger West’s offer of the position of President and CEO of God’s Grace International in June 2006. Both men share the same vision, passion, and compassion for service to Israel and the Jewish people.
God’s promise of blessing those that bless His people and Israel (Genesis 12:3) is being felt in the steadily growing ministry of God’s Grace International. His divine hand of favor and blessing has allowed our ministry programs to daily reach out to more and more impoverished Jewish people.
Vision & Mission
The Ministry Vision of God’s Grace International
- To proclaim the Good News of Messiah Yeshua.
- To care for the poor, distressed, and impoverished with humanitarian aid.
- To gather Russian Jews into vibrant reproducing Messianic Congregations
The Mission Statement of God’s Grace International
The existence and purpose of God’s Grace International is to proclaim Yeshua as Messiah and Lord! Within the greater Jewish community this is expressed most effectively in Messianic Jewish congregations where Yeshua is recognized as the Jewish Messiah. Therefore, our goal is to plant congregations in Jewish populated cities in the former Soviet Union. In these congregations, it is our aim to inspire, assist, and help sustain a spiritually vibrant, socially warm Jewish space and atmosphere that encourages community both inwardly in the congregation and outwardly within the greater Jewish community.
Secondly, we will give ourselves to the ministry of compassion in providing humanitarian aid primarily in Jewish settings. The holistic needs we endeavor to provide include the distribution of food parcels, soup kitchens for warm nutritious hot meals, clothing, medicine, monetary gifts, and special events that entice joy in giving honor and dignity back to those who are down trodden and needing a warm human touch. Presently, there are many thousands of Holocaust survivors living in Israel and the former Soviet Union. They are old and most suffer physically. Time is very short, but while there is still time, the love of many Christians for Israel and its people is to bless them with provisions for their needs. Many others are needful and we want to be obedient to God’s Word where it says in Psalm 82:3-4: “Defend the cause of the weak and the fatherless; maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed. Rescue the weak and the needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked.” Isaiah 41:1 states as well: “Comfort, comfort my people, says your God.”
This is the desire and mission of God’s Grace International!